Our dogs are members of our family, and we love them dearly. We express our love to them in various ways, including caring, feeding, playing, and buying toys.
Some of us know our dogs love us back. We can feel it. However, if you’re in doubt or feel like it’s a one-sided love, these are 5 ways your dog expresses their love to you.
- Playing and wrestling: If you’ve seen two pups playing, they seem to be wrestling. It’s a love language when your dog gets playful and tries wrestling with you.
- Sleeping with you: Dogs lived in packs several years ago and slept together for warmth and safety. Your dog sleeping near you is a sign they are comfortable with you and see you as family.
- Jumping on you: You come home after a long day at work, and your dog jumps on you; that is their way of letting you know they are happy and excited at your return.
- Maintaining Eye Contact: Dogs avoid eye contact with strangers and people they are uncomfortable with. By maintaining eye contact with you, you and your dog bond.
- Following you: Dogs only follow people when they consider them family. Remember, several years ago, they moved in packs. Your dog following you is a sign they love you, just like family.