If you haven’t realized this, here’s an important fact – you need to exercise your dogs in more ways than one! So – how can it be done?
- Take Them Through An Agility Course. Keep their minds quick and their feet quicker!
- Get Them Puzzle Toys. Solving a puzzle is always good for maintaining an active brain.
- Have Them Earn Their Meals. Perhaps put their food in a puzzle bowl, or get them to perform tricks before they can eat!
- Time To Learn Something New. Picking up a new trick is always a good mental exercise for your dogs, no matter their age.
- Explore The World. New sights and sounds can double as important sensory enrichment, so why not let them go sniffing at things for a while?
- What’s That Toy’s Name? Teach your dog the name of their toys, and have them fetch the specific toy they want to play with!
- Time For Some Party Tricks! Ever tried hiding your dog’s treat under 3 cups and shuffling them around? It’s fun for everyone involved!
- Be More Interactive. Getting down on your hands and knees with them provides important mental stimulation, in addition to giving them much-needed attention.
- Let Them Make Their Own Choices. Grab a tube or a box (or really, anything your dog can climb into or through) and let them figure out how to traverse and explore this new thing!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay