Willow was always a very good girl. From the moment Caitlyn Radel-Paaby laid eyes on her, she knew they were a perfect match.
“She’s a cuddler and loves to give hugs”, Caitlyn explained. But it turns out, Willow is much more than a cute and cuddly puppy. And Caitlyn was to find this out very soon.
At 10 months, Willow was still a shy and jumpy pup, but she was very brave when it came to looking after her family. From the very start, she had a very nurturing instinct.
One night, when Caitlyn was coming home from grocery shopping, she was surprised not to be greeted at the door the way she usually is. She knew immediately that was something was wrong. After searching the whole house, Radel-Paaby found Willow under her office desk. But she wouldn’t come out, and even started barking to get the attention of Caitlyn and her boyfriend.
Eventually, the couple decided to investigate, and found that Willow had spotted an electrical fire at one of the outlets under the desk, and she’d been trying to tell them all along!
Luckily, they were able to work out her message before it really caught ablaze, and they called the fire department just in time. They came and extinguished the sparks and told Caitlyn that their pup had probably saved the whole house from burning down!
And all this happened the day before Thanksgiving, so no prizes for guessing what the family was thankful for the next day.
Images & Feature Image Source: Caitlyn Radel-Paaby