In order to make sure our dogs are happy and healthy, dog owners need to be able to spot the signs and symptoms of a serious problem.
Here are 25 symptoms that you should never ignore:
- Inflammation or redness of the gums.
- Breathing or respiratory difficulties.
- Repeated and regular vomiting for days on end.
- Pale or whitish gums.
- Rear leg paralysis or loss of function.
- Compulsive, repeated, or continuous scratching for long periods of time.
- Trouble urinating, whether due to straining, a lack of urine, small amounts of urine, or pain while urinating
- Scooting; the act of a dog pulling their read end along the floor
- Excessive or repeated drooling
- High levels of negative sensitivity to touch
- A fever of over 102.5 degrees
- Overheating and signs of overheating
- An enlarged or swollen abdomen
- Constant, repeated, or continuous coughing or sneezing
- Loss of consciousness
- Lumps of any shape or size on the body
- Drinking too much or showing excessive signs of thirst
- Lethargy, tiredness, or exhaustion
- Limping or walking gait changes
- Vomiting or coughing up blood
- Allergic reactions of any kind
- A dull coat, or one where fur is falling out a lot
- Unexplainable weight loss, especially of a sudden kind
- Appetite loss, even to foods they usually love
If you spot any of these symptoms, please visit the vet for diagnosis and treatment.
Feature Image Source: Pixabay