Being a dog parent is amazing, don’t get me wrong. But let me tell you that like a coin has two sides, being a dog parent also has two sides – the good side, and the okay-okay side. What I’m about to tell you is the okay-okay side of being a dog parent!
Check out some things that suck about being a dog parent! Here’s Part 1, in case you missed it!
1. Travels plans on-the-go? Play-by-the-ear? Yeah, you can’t do any of those, unfortunately. It just doesn’t work that way anymore.
2. Say hello to hair. Everywhere. You invite someone home, they come squeaky clean and leave like a half-shaved version on Chewbacca. The hair finds its way onto your furniture, in your wardrobe, in your car, in your food… there’s enough hair to last you a lifetime.
3. Couch-potato much? Unfortunately, that isn’t an option after you bring home a dog. You can be couch-potato when they’re sleeping, or when they’re couch-potatoing. You don’t get to make that choice.
4. Oh, what did you say? It’s Sunday and you want to sleep in? Yeah, forget that it’s a Sunday. Forget that you want to sleep in. Remember the rule about couch-potatoing? The same applies to sleeping in. It would work only if your dog wants to sleep in. Not your decision.
5. Your dog has more fans and followers on social media than you will ever have in a lifetime. Digest that very slowly, it’s a reality you live with!
6. When it’s freezing cold outside, your dog would want to go outside for a potty break. You would have never imagined waiting outside in the freezing cold, would you? Now if your dogs have to go, they have to go. A dog’s got to do what a dog’s got to do.
How many of you relate to this? Let us know in the comments!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay