Can’t walk your dog like usual on a certain day? Is your dog still a whirling rush of energy after walks? Here are 12 ways to tire them out so they calm down.
- Use A Treadmill. A human treadmill works fine, but there are also special doggy ones. Use treats to coax them onto it.
- Tug-of-War. Grab a sturdy toy and play tug-of-war with your dog. Make sure they have learned to release the toy when told.
- Lights. Use lit-up toys or even laser pointers to get your dog moving. You can also buy light-activated toys, which you can control with a flashlight or pointer.
- Blow Bubbles. Use store-bought solution or make your own with a yummy scent.
- Hide-and-Seek. Dogs love this game! Hide a toy, treats, or yourself.
- Stairs. If you have stairs at home, have your dog run up and down them.
- Push-Ups. There is such a thing as a push-up for dogs. The trick is just a combination of sit and down. Teach your dog to do it.
- Puzzles. Puzzle toys and games keep your dog’s mind sharp and get them active.
- Hula-Hoop. Teach your dog to jump through a hoop or tire with treats and praise.
- Fetch. Play games of fetch, or variations of it.
- Obstacle Course. Make an obstacle course for your dog to run through indoors!
- Cups. Hide a treat under one of three cups, mix the cups around, and get your pup to guess which one has the treat!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay