You may only think of turmeric as a tasty spice that you have in your kitchen that makes the best curry in the world, but did you know it’s really beneficial for your pooch as well?
In fact, a lot of dietary supplements contain curcumin, turmeric’s active ingredient, as it’s a great natural antioxidant! Here’s six health benefits that turmeric can give your pooch!
- First of all, curcumin is great in fighting off foreign pathogens and therefore can go a long way in reducing inflammation! This can really help dogs with arthritis as well.
- Not just that, but curcumin can also reduce pain caused by inflammation as well. Its natural anti-inflammatory properties can help with arthritis, injury, degenerative disc diseases, etc.
- Another great feature of curcumin is that it acts as a blood thinner and it prevents blood clotting.
- Curcumin also stimulates bile production and aids digestion in general. That’s why it can be very beneficial for underweight, extremely active and pregnant or nursing dogs!
- There’s also been a few studies done on how turmeric can affect cancer in dogs. Research from the National Center for Biotechnology Information has shown some very promising results!
- Finally, turmeric is really good for healthy brain activity as well! Research shows that the rates of neurodegenerative diseases in India, where a lot of turmeric is consumed, are significantly lower than those in Western nations. This can be beneficial not only for dogs, but for humans, too!
As always, before introducing turmeric in your dog’s diet, make sure to consult your vet. Share this article to show your friends the benefits of turmeric!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay