Some dogs love to swim and if given a chance, they’ll be happy to stick in or near swimming pools all day and night. Of course, they’ll come home to eat, but if possible they’ll leave to go back to the pool.
Dogs know that when it’s time to enter the pool, it means it’s time to play hard. Keeping that in mind, safety is important. You should never leave your dogs in the pool unattended. Here are some ways to keep your dogs safe when playing in the pool.
1. Make sure your dog knows how to swim before he’s allowed to enter the pool. If not, try with a kiddie pool first before letting him used big pools.
2. Before letting your dog enter the pool, make sure that your dog is comfortable being in water. Just because he’s a specific breed doesn’t make it okay to put him in the pool. Some breeds who’re incredible swimmers don’t like being in the water.
3. When your dog enters the water, make sure they have a life vest on. The life vest should be comfortable and visible to human eye.
4. Make sure your dog has excelled obedience training. When he’s asked to come he comes without a hassle. Always treat your dogs when they listen to your commands. Always.
5. Pet CPR is important and if your dog is going to frequent water bodies, this is an important skill to learn. Even if you don’t need to use your CPR skills it’s better to know them
Watch out for Part 2!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay