Dogs know that when it’s time to enter the pool, it means it’s time to play hard. Keeping that in mind, safety is important. You should never leave your dogs in the pool unattended. Here are some ways to keep your dogs safe when playing in the pool. Here’s Part 1, in case you missed it.
1. Never leave your dog unsupervised at the pool no matter how awesome they are at swimming.
2. It’s easy for your dog to get into the pool but do they know how to get out? It’s important that your dog knows how to leave the pool and should know the exit points so as to not get over-exhausted in the pool. It’s important.
3. Even if your dog is mostly inside the pool, it’s important to keep them hydrated. Take them to a shaded area and give them plenty to drink.
4. Discourage your dog from drinking pool water because, most of the time, it has chlorine in there. Don’t let your dogs ingest chlorine, instead give them frequent drink breaks.
5. After your dog’s done swimming, wash them with clean water to remove chlorine and other harmful pool chemicals from their coat.
Feature Image Source: Pixabay