Keeping your pets happy and healthy this holiday season will ensure you are happy too! Here are some things to do to keep your pet safe.
- Don’t let them eat steak or chicken bones.
- Bittersweet chocolate can cause seizures and death if your pet eats a lot.
- Antifreeze has a sweet taste that pets can’t resist. Even one teaspoon is enough to kill a small dog. One lick will kill a cat. Be sure to clean up any spills quickly and dispose of the wipe.
- Holly, mistletoe, poinsettia, pine needles, and Jerusalem cherries are lovely to have around the house. But be sure to keep them out of your dog or cats reach.
- Avoiding an accidental electrocution is done by securing all electrical cords. Don’t use any cords that are frayed.
The holidays are full of new noises and smells. Be sure your pets feel safe and keep all the doors closed so no one panics and escapes!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay