We all say that we love our dogs – but are we really giving them the best possible care we can truly provide? After all, just giving them food and walks only covers a small aspect of their care.
What Else Can I Do?
Here’s a list of other things you can do to up your petcare skills.
- Spend more time in making sure your dog is thoroughly and properly groomed.
- Schedule regular annual or biannual checkups for your dog.
- Make sure your dog has an iron grip on potentially life-saving commands like ‘come’, ‘sit’ and ‘stay’.
- Know how to care for your dog during a natural disaster or an emergency.
- Keep your dog mentally enriched with toys, puzzles, and stimulation.
- Ensure that your dog is getting an appropriate amount of exercise for them on a regular basis.
- Understand your dog’s unique body language, and know their moods from it.
- Have your dog be properly and thoroughly socialized with all sorts of people, things, and animals.
- Have thorough grooming sessions that function as preventive healthcare. Brush their teeth, clean their ears, check their stools, and so on.
With these tips in mind, hopefully you’ll be able to provide your pet with an elevated level of care that they will surely appreciate!
Feature Image Source: Pixabay