Planning a camping trip? Why not bring your pup along! Here are some things you need to know if you’d like to bring your fur ball on your next big camping adventure.
Before you pick a site, do some research and find out if it’s a pet friendly one – an unwelcome pet can lead to hefty fines! It’s also a good idea to make sure the weather will be fine during the duration of your stay. Don’t forget to ensure that your pup is up to date on vaccinations and has his immunity at its best; this includes making sure his internal and external parasite treatment is in top shape.
Note the nearest vets in the area and make sure that his microchip details are updated, just in case. Now, for packing! You’ve got a big check list ahead of you. According to some sources, this includes:
1. A lead and collar with ID tags that are both in strong, durable shape.
2. A long lead and a stake – or something similar – to tie your fur ball to.
3. Food and clean water – bottles of water are a good idea.
4. Salty water for cleaning wounds.
5. Food and water bowls.
6. All your pup’s necessary medications.
7. Bed and blankets.
8. Poop bags – you’ll need loads of them!
10. A sickness kit. Lots of pups experience motion sickness on long car rides. This kit should include wet wipes, plastic bags, paper towels, and an air freshener.
11. Pup sunscreen.
12. Warm coats for cold nights.
13. Booties for hot paths and insects.
14. Balm for their paw pads to protect from dry, cold weather.
15. Glow sticks so you can see your pup at night.
16. Antiseptic spray for pups.
17. Parasite repellant or similar.
18. Pressure bandage, just in case.
19. Sock and masking tape in case your pup steps on something or injures a foot.
20. Ear and eye cleaner.
I hope this checklist helps you plan the best camping trip for you and your pup! Next time, we’ll discuss other camping options. Till then, like and share away!
Feature Image Source: Pexels