This Girl Was Recently Arrested, But When You Learn Why? I'm All Tears.

This Girl Was Recently Arrested, But When You Learn Why? I'm All Tears.

If you are a pup Mommy or Daddy, please never leave your pups in the car, even with the windows left slightly open. That’s not enough.

This is especially true in the summer. Time and time again, there are cases where fur balls are left in cars and quickly become overheated, which is very dangerous and potentially fatal for pups. At 12:23 on Monday, 5-year-old Puggle the pup was found locked in a car in the 6100 block of Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, in front of a PetSmart store.

First responders had been called to the scene after receiving reports of the distressed fur ball, and they quickly made their way into the vehicle. They took out the pup and tried to lower Puggle’s temperature before rushing the fur ball to the vet inside PetSmart.

Fairfax County Police Department_1469475646465_1757891_ver1.0

Sadly, the instance of animal neglect turned into a tragedy. Puggle passed away in the vet’s office. Megan Kurtz Campbell, the 19-year-old owner of the fur ball was arrested and charged with felony animal cruelty. Remember, do not leave your pups locked in the car. It’s summertime and car temperatures can go way higher than 100 degrees.

This is especially dangerous for breeds like bulldogs, pugs, and shih tzus which have those smooshed faces as they are very sensitive to extreme temperatures and have difficulty breathing.

If you wouldn’t like to be locked in a car in the summer, why subject your pups to that sort of torture? Please take good care of your fur balls this summer. Do share this around to spread awareness about this serious problem.

Feature Image Source: Fox5

Back to blog